If you are on a Maxis Hotlink prepaid plan, you need to know how to share top up Maxis. It is important to have credit ready all the time especially for any emergency. But sometimes it just so happens that you run out of it and you have no money to top up. Do not worry because in this case you can ask a friend who also uses Hotlink to share top up!
Hotlink users can transfer credit to another user by using the Share-A-Top-Up service. On the other hand, you can use the Ask-A-Top-Up service to ask for a top up from another user. Here is how they work.
How to Share Top Up Maxis
The Share-A-Top-Up service allows you to transfer credit to another Maxis Hotlink user, as long as you have used your plan for at least 30 days.
Share Top Up Maxis via UMB
- Simply dial *100*4*3#
- Enter the phone number you want to send top up to.
- After that, enter an amount between RM1 to RM100 that you want to send.
- Hit SEND and you will be notified when your share request is successful.
You may also like: How to Pay Maxis Bill
Share Top Up Maxis via Hotlink App
- If you have the Hotlink app, choose the Top Up option from the landing page.
- Next, select Share-A-Top-Up.
- Then, input the phone number you want to transfer credit to and the amount you want to share.
- Hit SEND and you will receive a confirmation when your request has been approved.
How to Ask for Top Up
If you are the one who needs extra credit, you can use the Ask-A-Top-Up service. All Hotlink customers can receive Ask-A-Top-Up, but the one you ask for a top up from must have used Hotlink for at least 30 days.
- Firstly, open your Hotlink app and select Top Up from the landing page.
- Then, choose Share-A-Top-Up.
- Key in the Phone Number of the person that you want to ask a top up from and the amount of credit you need.
- The amount must be between RM1 to RM100.
- Press SEND and you will receive a confirmation when your request is successful.
If you don’t have the app, you can do it with UMB.
- Dial *100*4*3#
- When asked to enter the Phone Number you would like to ask credit from, input the number and press SEND.
- Then, choose the Amount of credit you need and select SEND.
- You will be notified when your request has been confirmed.
Is there any charge to use this service
Yes. The top up donor will be charged RM0.50 for every transaction.
Is there a minimum credit I need
You need a credit balance of at least RM1 after transferring to another user.
Is there a transaction limit
The minimum amount is RM1 and the maximum amount is RM100 per transaction. In one month, you can only receive or transfer at most RM500.
Now you know how to share top up Maxis Hotlink prepaid plan and do not have to panic in an emergency. Hopefully this information is useful for you.