If you are wondering about how to check CTOS, then you have come to the right place. CTOS is a credit reporting agency that will help you when it comes to credit reports. Sometimes, you need to take out a loan.
However, your loan will not get approved if you do not have great credibility as a borrower. Well, CTOS is an agency that will help you if you want to find out how likely it is for your loan application to be approved. Here is what you need to know about CTOS.
Table of Contents
What is CTOS?
Before we talk about anything else, let’s talk about what CTOS is. That way, you will be able to truly understand this credit agency. So, as we have said before, CTOS is an agency that can collect information about someone’s credit report. That way, they can determine whether or not this person has a healthy credit history.
One thing that you should know about CTOS is the fact that it works both ways. This means that you, as a borrower, can learn about your personal credit history.
This information can be used to determine how likely your loan application will be approved. This also means that companies, as lenders, can also do a background check on people who are trying to take out a loan.
How to Get Credit Report Online Using CTOS?
With the help of the internet, you can now see your credit report online. The best thing about it is the fact that you can monitor your credit report for free.
It does not get better than that. The first thing that you need to do is to register on the CTOS website. So, here are the steps that you need to take on how to check CTOS.
- Visit the CTOS website https://ctoscredit.com.my
- Create an account or Sign Up. Prepare your email address, identity card number (IC) and mobile number for TAC verification code.
- Enter some basic information about your company
- Activate your CTOS ID through your email
- You will be able to access your credit report
- Click on MyCTOS Report
CTOS Mobile App
CTOS Mobile App enables you to obtain your CTOS User ID so that you can:
- Get your CTOS Score report via the mobile app to monitor your credit health
- Subscribe to CTOS SecureID to safeguard yourself from identity theft, fraud and scams
- Amend your CTOS ID profile so that it is accurate and up-to-date
Benefits of Having A Credit Score
- See if there’s litigation or bankruptcy case under your name
- Check if you owe anyone (Trade References – eTR)
- Fix inaccuracies and ‘clean up’ your credit report
- Increase your chances of loan approval
- Check for warning signs of identity theft & fraud
Where can I download the CTOS mobile app?
You can download the app from the following locations:
- Google Play Store
- iTunes App Store
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that you know how to check your credit report using CTOS online, you might have several questions.
Luckily for you, we are here to answer those questions. Here are some questions that might still be bugging you.
How can I see my credit report?
You will be able to access your credit report through the CTOS website. However, your first credit report will be emailed to you for free.
You can also use the CTOS mobile app to access your credit report conveniently.
What kind of things are reported by CTOS?
You will get information about business exposure, business ownerships, directorships, legal actions, bankruptcy, case statuses, and so on. You will also get a report about your financial history.
How long are the CTOS records kept?
Your CTOS records will be kept for 24 months. Your background and credit history will be kept as a historical archive for 24 months.
So, your CTOS report will not include anything after two years. And that is what you need to know about how to check CTOS.