Going overseas? You need to know how to activate Digi Roaming. For Prepaid users, you have the Automatic International Roaming service that enables you to text and make phone calls while abroad.
To activate it, make sure that you turn off Data Roaming or Mobile Data on your phone before departing.
Activate Digi Roaming Pass
- Dial *800*3# once you are overseas.
- You will see a menu list on your phone screen.
- Select Roaming Pass from the list and confirm your purchase.
- Once the purchase is successful, you will receive a notification SMS.
- Now turn on Data Roaming and Mobile Data and enjoy the service while travelling!
How can I activate Digi Roaming using MyDigi App
If you use MyDigi app, here is how to activate Digi Roaming using the app.
- Firstly, make sure that your Data Roaming and Mobile Data are turned off before departure.
- Upon arrival, connect to WiFi and log into MyDigi App.
- Find Buy Add-Ons and go to the Roaming tab to choose the country you are in.
- Then, from the menu list choose Roaming Pass and pick the date of activation as Now – immediate activation.
- After you confirm the purchase, you will receive an SMS confirming your Roaming Pass purchase.
- If you book for a later date, the activation will be on that date at 12 AM Malaysia time.
- Open MyDigi App.
- Tap the menu icon on home screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on My Subscriptions.
- Tap on the blue dot to turn on International Roaming.
How can I turn Data Roaming on or off
If you do not know how to turn on or off your data roaming service, here is how to do it.
- For iOS users, open Settings and select Mobile Data.
- Under Mobile Data Options, find Data Roaming and turn it on.
- Before you depart however, make sure that it is off.
- If you use Android, go to Settings and choose Mobile networks.
- Find Data Roaming and slide it on or off accordingly.
How can I dial or text while overseas
There are two ways to dial or text while you are overseas. However, do keep in mind that call rates vary by country.
To do a direct dial or text, dial <00 or +><country code><area or mobile code><phone number>
For example, if you want to call a Malaysian number, dial 006016XXXXXXX or +6016XXXXXX
Alternatively, you can do a budget *111* Voice Call dialing. Dial *111*<00 or +><country code><area or mobile code><phone number><#>
For example, *111*006016XXXXXXX# or 111*+6016XXXXXX#
How much does a Roaming Pass cost
The cost depends on which package you select among these choices.
- 1 Day Social Pass (RM 5/RM10 – price may vary by country): Unlimited social messaging, 50MB internet
- 1 Day Pass (RM15): 500MB internet, 10 minutes voice calls
- 3 Day Pass (RM25): 2GB internet + 30 minutes or 4GB internet + 60 minutes, for both prepaid and postpaid customers
- 5 Day Pass (RM5): 500MB internet
- 7 Day Pass for Europe (RM50): 2GB internet for 7 countries: Austria, Croatia, Czech, Greece, Poland, Romania, Slovakia.
Hopefully this information on how to activate Digi Roaming will be useful for you while you are overseas.