If one applies to open an Ambank bank account, chances are they will not receive a passbook if they apply for some specific types of accounts. A passbook is generally a bank account that keeps the record in a specified way.
Passbook savings account typically requires the account holder to keep track of all their banking transactions in a small notebook provided by the banking institution.
When the account holder visits the branch of the bank, or at other periods as required, the bank will always check the balance on their account against the recorded balance for accuracy.
If your Ambank account comes with a passbook, you must have known that it does not only use to keep a record of all of your transactions. But it also uses to record your account number which is usually located on the first page of the passbook.
But what if your account does not come with a passbook and you happen to forget your account number? You can actually find your account number on your checkbook. You can also call 1210 to contact Ambank customer care. However, if you have Ambank online banking account, it would be much easier to check your account number.
How to Check Ambank Account Number via Online Banking
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to check Ambank account number through AmOnline or Ambank online banking service:
- This tutorial can be done through your mobile device or computer. But make sure you are in a place with a reliable internet connection.
- Go to the official login page of Ambank online banking or copy and paste the following address: ambank.amonline.com.my
- Log into your online banking account with your valid username and password.
- Click on the View Balances and Transactions option under the My Accounts drop-down menu.
- Select the account for which you would like to check the balance.
- Select the Statement Period.
- Click on the View eStatement option.
- Now, you can find your Ambank account number on the top part of the eStatement.
- Download and save the eStatement just in case you need to know your account number again.
You may also like: How to Register AmBank Online
That is how to check Ambank account number through an internet banking service. If you have an AmOnline mobile application installed on your mobile device, then it would be much more convenient whenever you require checking your account number.
How to Check Ambank Account Number via Mobile Banking
Here are the simple steps to know your account number through the AmOnline application:
- Launch the AmOnline application on your mobile device.
- Log into your mobile banking account with your valid username and password.
- Go to My Accounts.
- Select the account for which you would like to check the account number.
If you don’t have an Ambank internet nor mobile banking account nor even a passbook while you need to know your account number, no need to worry for there is still another alternative you can do.
You may also like: How to Check AmBank Account Balance
How to Check Ambank Account Number via Phone
You can make a request for a hardcopy statement by calling the Ambank Contact Services, here are the simple steps to know your account number through Contact Services:
- By Contact Center at 03 2178 8888.
- Provide your identification so that you can obtain the bank statement.
- The account number you are looking for is usually located on the upper part of the statement.
- Thus, keep the statement, so you don’t need to bother yourself again just to know your account number.