Phone number is something crucial in these days banking activity. It is used not only to receive information regarding any transaction, incoming money, or paid bills, but a valid phone number is also needed to get your SMS token or OTP when you need to authorize a transaction. In some countries, phone number is even used as a replacement of bank account number to receive and send money.
Well, one’s phone number may not fix as our NRIC number it is changeable. However, one thing to remember: it’s best to get the bank updated about this. Otherwise, you will be unable to transact using your mobile banking since it usually requires SMS token/OTP to authorize and proceed with the transaction.
For many banks, changing phone number is something doable via many channels, such as direct visit to the bank, through the ATM, as well as through calling the contact center. Commonly, people choose the latter two methods since it allows them to change the number even without going to queue. It’s also easier and less-bureaucratic that way.
In this article, you will learn how to change Alliance Bank phone number through several methods as aforementioned. So, without further ado, let’s learn what you can do to change your phone number.
Table of Contents
How to Change Alliance Bank Phone Number via Bank Branch
It seems like direct visit to the bank becomes one ultimate answer for all banking problems, including updating your phone number. If you decide to choose this method, what you need to do is:
- Visiting the nearest Alliance Bank branch,
- Queuing for customer service,
- Tell the customer service that you’ve recently changed your phone number,
- Following the guidance that the representative tells you.
- Typically, you will have to fill out a form mentioning that you have an update of your personal information.
You may also like: How to Change Alliance Bank TAC Phone Number
How to Change Alliance Bank Phone Number Using ATM Machine
Easy and simple this no-queuing-method of how to change Alliance Bank phone number ensures you that the procedure is doable even in ATM. In order to do this, you need to:
- Visit any Alliance Bank ATM nearby,
- Insert your card to the slot provided,
- Choose the language and enter your PIN number,
- Then, press the button for Other Services,
- Continue by pressing the button for More services,
- Then pick Internet banking handphone update,
- Input your current phone number, when you’re finished with it, simply press the relevant button indicating that the input is correct,
- Your phone number is now changed.
How to Change Alliance Bank Phone Number via Contact Center
In case you have a prepaid (debit) card or a credit card issued by Alliance Bank, then updating your phone number can be done over the phone.
- You can call 03 5516 9988
- Tell the customer service representative on the phone about your phone number change.
- Make sure to follow the instruction asked in order to complete the procedure.
- If you don’t have any Alliance Bank cards with you, then you have to do the procedure as stated in point (a).
So, which method of how to change Alliance Bank phone number got you interested? Whichever method you’re choosing, make sure to update it as soon as you change your number.