Hong Leong Bank is one of the major public banking companies in Malaysia. Incorporated in 1905, the bank offers an extensive range of financial products and banking services as financial solutions of Malaysian citizens. One of them that’s widely used by the customers is Hong Leong online banking, or popularly known as HLB Connect Online Banking.
With online banking, it becomes convenient to manage your finances through your smart devices. You simply need to have a reliable browser and decent internet connection to check your balance, transfer some funds, or other kinds of transactions.
However, due to the internet’s open nature, Hong Leong online banking is inherently prone to risks, including online theft of the user’s ID and password. Therefore, it’s recommended to regularly change your password.
Reset Password Hong Leong Bank Connect
So, how to reset password Hong Leong Bank Connect? Here are the simple steps you can follow.
- You can either use your PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone to reset the password of your online banking account.
- Also, make sure you have a reliable browser and internet access.
- Go to the official website of HLB Connect Online Banking at www.hongleongconnect.my.
- Click on Forgot Username/Password under the username login box.
- Select the account that you would like to reset the password and make sure you have the details of your accounts ready.
- This also includes your mobile phone with the registered mobile number as the 6-digit TAC will be sent to your phone.
- To change the password of your current savings account, you will need your account or card number and PIN.
- If you want to reset the password of your fixed deposit and loan account, you will need to prepare your account number and temporary ID.
- This temporary ID can be obtained from the Hong Leong branch or by calling the bank’s customer service.
- Click on the image box to begin and follow the step-by-step instructions to reset your password.
That’s how to reset password Hong Leong Bank Connect when you accidentally forgot your internet banking account. If you find unauthorized access to your account, you should immediately reset your password.
You may also like: How to Change Hong Leong Phone Number
Change Password Hong Leong Bank Connect via Mobile Banking
If you have Connect app, you can reset your account password through the app by using the same username and password. Here are the simple steps you can follow:
- Go to the Connect mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Log into your HLB Connect Online banking account using your valid username and password.
- Tap on Settings and select the Change Password option.
- Input your current password and your new password.
- Confirm the new password to complete the process.
Resetting your online banking password should not only be done when you forgot password and suspect unauthorized access. Most web security professionals and computer experts recommend resetting or changing the password of your Connect Online banking account at least once every three months.
It’s possible that can wait a little longer. It all depends on how you use your computer or smart devices, as well as how and where you browse the internet.