It’s undeniable that having a bank account is a quick way to save your money in a safe place. Not only saving your money, opening a bank account means you will get various benefits such as the ease to transfer funds, paying bills, to even performing online shopping as we know that e-commerce is skyrocketing in this era of internet.
That said, opening a bank account becomes the first step to have your own bank account. In Malaysia itself, there are many private banks that offer excellent services. HSBC is one of those large banks in Malaysia, and this bank just like any other banks, offers you its excellent services as well. One of their services is opening a bank account.
In order to open your HSBC bank account, basically there are two methods you can rely on. First, it’s the classic direct visit to the bank. The customer service will be ready to assist you along the procedure. It may take you quite a long time and you are bound to such working hours hence you need to allocate your time to go to any branch, queue, and then finishing the account opening procedure.
Another method of how to open HSBC account is by performing online application. Unlike the former method, this one offers you certainty that you can make your HSBC new account anytime, anywhere, using your own gadget.
Both opening your bank account via a direct visit and via online application requires you to know the nitty-gritty of HSBC account. If you’re opening it via a direct visit, you will get the explanation directly from the officer. If you do another method, you’ll have to acknowledge each type of account that the bank offers.
Before you apply online, please check the following:
- You’re not an existing HSBC customer or HSBC Amanah customer.
- You’re aged 18 or above.
- You’re a Malaysian citizen with a valid MyKad.
- You’re applying for a sole account.
- If you don’t meet these criteria, please visit HSBC Bank branches in Malaysia.
How to Open HSBC Account via Online
Then, to proceed with your online account opening application, you can do these steps below:
- Make sure that you previously have no HSBC account.
- If you already have one, which is active, dormant, or unused for a long time, you can go to any nearest bank branch to make your new HSBC account.
- Prepare your MyKad, current and previous residential address, and employment details be it your business details, office address, etc.
- Prepare your computer/mobile phone and access https://www.hsbc.com.my/accounts/digital-account-opening
- Click the red button I’m interested.
- Your screen will scroll down a bit and you will see various account types that you can choose.
- Read thoroughly, and click Instant apply under the account type you’re interested in.
- Once you’ve redirected to a new page, read the eligibility and how to apply procedure.
- After that, simply click Continue to proceed.
- Fill in your personal details, which include your identity, contact details, account usage details, and your financial details.
- Read the terms and conditions, approve it, and simply submit your online application.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted your application, continue by verifying your identity by going to any nearest branch customer service counter.
- Alternately, you can go to self-service machine available in selected branches.
- Make sure not to exceed 30 days to verify your identity.
- Lastly, to start using your account, deposit some money (complying with the minimum balance requirement or more) to your newly-set amount.
- You can also register for online banking to ease you handling the account.
You may also like: How to Activate HSBC Debit Card
So, that is how to open HSBC account through online application. It may sound difficult, but if you do it slowly and not in a rush, you’ll find out that this method is an easy one, too.