Having a bank account seems to be a common thing these days, even for children. Besides you can save money in a relatively safer place, by opening a bank account you can also perform bank transfer or pay bills using your account. Moreover, you can possibly get some interest from the bank.
There is still another way to open your new account without having to queue for making a new account. Therefore, how to open Hong Leong Bank account? You can do that simply through your mobile phone.
How to Open a Bank Account Online
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- You have a NRIC. Other identifying cards (MyPR, MyPolis, MyKid, MyTentera, or MyKAS) may not be available for now, still.
- You have another existing bank account under your name in a bank not Hong Leong Bank.
- You have downloaded Apply@HLB app and your gadget is connected to the internet
- You need to deposit RM 200 at minimum (or depending on which account type you’re applying) within 7 days after your application is declared successful.
How to Open Hong Leong Bank Account via Online
Let’s get to know with how to open Hong Leong Bank account using Apply@HLB application. The application can be downloaded through their official website. You can also download it from Google Play or App Store. After that, you will need to do this procedure below:
- Launch the app first.
- Then, fill in your NRIC number.
- Choose an account to begin with.
- Then, you will be prompted to take a photo of your NRIC card.
- Following that, you will be told to take a selfie.
- Continue by providing your personal details.
- Starting with your personal details, employment status, etc.
- Continue by creating your HLB Connect account details simply by making username, password, etc. Regarding HLB connect login details; make sure to remember these since this will be used later after you successfully activate your saving account.
After completing that aforementioned procedure of opening Hong Leong Bank account using Apply@HLB app, you’ll need to wait for your application to be reviewed. The review process usually takes around 3 days. However, if you sent your application not in a business day, it may take longer than expected.
If your application is successful, you will be notified through SMS and email. The email/SMS will later tell you to make a deposit to your account.
You can deposit the money via online transfer. Remember, you need to deposit the money within 7 days after your application got approved.
Once you deposit the money, your debit card will be sent to your postal address (which you have written in while filling in your personal details). The card will be sent to you within 14 days after the deposit has been done.
You may also like: How to Register Hong Leong Online Banking
How to Open Hong Leong Bank Account via Branch
While going directly to the branch becomes the ultimate method of opening a bank account, which is applicable for all banks in Malaysia, including Hong Leong Bank.
Before you leave the house, have the following items ready:
- Accountholder can be single-named or joint.
- 18 years old and above.
- Individuals, societies, clubs and associations may apply.
- Money RM200 to open the account.
Once you settle on the Hong Leong bank, you’ll generally have a variety of account types and services to choose from.
So that is how to open Hong Leong Bank account using Apply@HLB application and via branch. By doing this, it can save your time and energy hence it makes you to be able to create an account, even from your couch!