Affin Bank Berhad or which simply known as Affin Bank is the holding company of Affin Hwang Investment Bank, Affin Islamic Bank, AXA Affin Life Insurance, and Affin Moneybrokers. As a financial company that has been around for more than three decades, Affin Bank offers a variety of banking products and services to both retail and business customers.
When you would like to open a bank account, Affin Bank might be one of the most obvious choices. Unlike the majority of banks in Malaysia, Affin Bank offers saving account interest rates that can be considered high.
Given the number of bank account types that Affin Bank has to offer, opening a bank account in this bank can be a bit overwhelming. Fortunately, Affin Bank follows a simple application process that can either be done through the internet or over the counter.
How to Open Affin Bank Account via Branch
If you plan to apply for a basic savings account in Affin Bank branch, here are the step-by-step procedures on how to open Affin Bank account:
- Before you go to the nearest branch of Affin Bank to open a savings account, make sure you have met the following requirements:
- An applicant should be at least 18 years of age.
- An applicant should be a Malaysian or permanent resident in Malaysia.
- An applicant should bring an identity card (MyKad or passport) and money for an initial deposit.
- Make sure the first cash you would like to put in your bank account meets the minimum deposit.
- Go to the official website of Affin Bank to know the minimum deposit based on the type of the account.
- If you have met all the requirements above, you simply need to bring the required documents to the nearest branch to apply for a savings account.
- The customer center will help you get the application process done.
- Once all the procedures are completed, you can start using your savings account.
In addition to the standard procedure, Affin Bank offers an account application process that doesn’t require you to directly go to the nearest unit office. With just a few clicks, you can start using your savings account wherever you are.
You may also like: How to Activate Affin Bank Debit Card
How to Open Affin Bank Account Online
Here is how to open Affin Bank account through the website:
- You can either use your computer or mobile device to perform this tutorial.
- Be sure you are in a place with a decent internet connection.
- Go to the official website of Affin Online at https://www.affinonline.com/save
- Click on Apply Now.
- On the list of account types, select the type of account you would like to open.
- Input your name, valid email address, the number you want the bank to call you, the state you are currently residing in, and your specific area.
- Make sure you have provided the correct details. Mark the checkbox to confirm the submission form and click on Submit.
- The bank will contact you to proceed with the application process. You simply need to follow the remaining instructions to open your bank account.
You may also like: How to Login Affin Bank Online Banking