HSBC bank fixed deposit Malaysia is an investment instrument to help you grow your money in a secure way. It is one of the most popular ways to deposit some of your income with your bank and select the tenor as your preference.
On completion of the tenor, the funds you have deposited begin to receive interest for the entire selected period according to the rate of interest you have set for your deposit. The good thing about the fixed deposit is that the interest rate will not be affected by market fluctuations.
Therefore, you will receive guaranteed returns on your investment and choose to accept the interest regularly or at the date of maturity.
HSBC bank fixed deposit Malaysia is a fixed-term deposit that is operated under Shariah law. The bank offers two types of returns: an upfront payment that the interest will be paid upon successful investment and a payment scheme that the profit can be obtained on the maturity date.
HSBC Bank Fixed Deposit Malaysia
|Deposit||Tenure (month)||Profit rate (% p.a.)|
|RM 5,000||01-02 months||1,4%|
|RM 1,000||03-05 months||1,55%|
|RM 1,000||6 months||1,6%|
|RM 1,000||07-17 months||1,65%|
|RM 1,000||18 - 23 months||2%|
|RM 1,000||24 - 35 months||2,3%|
|RM 1,000||36 - 47 months||2,35%|
|RM 1,000||48 - 59 months||2,6%|
|RM 1,000||60 months||2,7%|
If you are interested in this investment facility, you will only need to prepare a minimum deposit of RM 1,000 for a deposit period of two months or above and RM 5,000 for tenure of a month. You can apply for this service through the official website of HSBC. Here is how to apply for HSBC fixed deposit
How to apply for a fixed deposit in AmBank
- Make sure you have a reliable browser and decent internet connection to access the official online platform of HSBC at www.hsbc.com.my.
- Click on Log on to access your internet banking account with your valid username and password.
- Select the Services menu at the top of the page. Click on Time Deposit and select Open new Term Deposit.
- You will be directed to a new page where there is an application form you need to fill in. On the Type drop-down list, select the type of deposit you prefer.
- On the Term drop-down list, select the one you prefer the most.
- On the From account, input the HSBC account number you want to use to open a fixed deposit account.
- Enter the amount of deposit and click on Continue.
- Verify all the details and click on Confirm to complete your application process.
For your information, only Malaysian citizens can apply for the fixed deposit service in HSBC. Also, the applicant must be 18 years old or above. The documents that must be prepared include a valid identification card, PR status, or passport.