What should you do when you forgot Maybank account number? This may seem like not-a-big-deal situation, but in reality, it is. When it comes to banking, there are tons of different problems that are commonly encountered.
It is possible that you may forget your account number. It is also possible that you forget your username and also password for the M2U pin. No need to worry; there are several steps and solutions to deal with the issue.
Table of Contents
Forgetting Your Account Number
You may forget your account if you have been idle for quite so long and how to check my Maybank account number? There are several ways to deal with it. First of all, you can call 1300 88 6688, the customer service at the bank.
They can help you. Second, you can always visit one of their nearest branches with your book. Go to the customer service and they will figure it out.
Alternatively, you may view the account number upon retrieving the mini statement at the Maybank ATM. Below would be the steps to retrieve the mini statement:
- Insert debit card and PIN
- Select Other Transaction
- Select Other Services
- Select Mini Statement
- Print out the mini statement. At the mini statement there will be stated your account number.
or use Maybank2u to view your account number.
- Login to Maybank2u
- Select Accounts & Banking or My Accounts
- You can see your detailed account information there
Don’t have maybank2u online banking? Guide on how to register maybank2u
Forgetting Your Password and Username Maybank2u
Online mechanism is important if you want to check your account without a hassle. If you forgot your password and username, it would be difficult. Here are the steps to deal with it:
- Go to https://www.maybank2u.com.my and click on the option Forgot Username/Password
- Key in the fields that must be filled out
- Access the No or Card No. This should be your Debit or ATM card or your credit card number
- Enter the card PIN is you are using the Access No
- Click on Submit
- The username should be on the display. If you want to continue with Forgot Password, then choose Reset Password option
- Key in the New Password. Confirm it again.
- Key in the TAC mobile number that you got on the mobile. Go with Submit
- Feel free to log into the M2U app with the new password
Here are several important notes:
- This method is applicable for ONLY sole proprietor and individual accounts
- It won’t be applicable for Professional and Partnership accounts
- You must register your phone number (mobile one) to get TAC for this service
- If you don’t have credit card or ATM card, your home branch will give you a 16-digit number. That’s your Access No.
- The password must consist of alphanumeric form with at least 8 characters and maximum 12 characters
Forgot PIN Maybank2u Internet Banking
What should you do if you forget the PIN? Here are the steps:
- Go to the nearest branch or the home branch. You will need to create a new PIN
- You must perform the steps for the Forgot Username/Password. Use the new PIN and Access No to perform the task.
What to do when I can’t log in?
Simply contact the 1300 88 6688 for Customer Care. For overseas assistance, contact +603 7844 3696
Can my M2U account expire?
No, there is no expiry date to the account. However, the account will be deactivated automatically if you don’t log into the M2U in 6 months to 12 months
What to do if my account is deactivated because I have been dormant for more than 6 months?
You will have to reactivate it. If it has been inactive for 6 months, you have two options. Do it online if you can remember the password and username.
But if you don’t, contact the customer service at 1300 88 6688. If you have been inactive for 12 months, you need to re-perform M2U registration.