When you are wondering about how to close OCBC bank account, you will find the exact answer below. There will be many ways to close your account, but you have to understand that to close an account, you should talk to a customer service officer first.
These are the methods you need to know. They will help you closing your bank account with ease.
Table of Contents
How to Close OCBC Bank Account via Telephone
- Call this number on your phone 03 8317 5000
- This is the number that you can call for credit cards, loans, deposits and bank accounts.
- Select the Bank Accounts when an option is given to you.
- When you are connected to the customer service, ask them that you want to close an account
- Inform them your identification number and then followed by the account number that you wish to close.
- The customer service will mention that there will be account closure form that you have to fill in.
- They will help filling it in for you.
- Once you are completing the account closure form, the request to close an account will be sent.
- Wait for the further notification from OCBC bank.
How to Close OCBC Bank Account via Email
- Open the email app on your phone and create a new email.
- Enter the recipient: email@example.com
- Write the subject email Request to Close an Account
- Then, write on the body of the email that you need to close an account.
- Mention your ID card number followed by the number of the account that you wish to close.
- Send the email and then you will be contacted by the OCBC Bank.
- They will ask you to fill in the mandatory account closure form.
- Fill the form and send them back to OCBC Bank.
- The request to close your account is now on progress.
You may also like: How to Check OCBC Account Balance
How to Close OCBC Bank Account via Branches
- Find out where the nearest OCBC bank branch to your location.
- If you cannot find any, use the branch locator on its official website.
- Ask to speak with a customer service.
- Tell the customer service that you wish to close an account.
- Hand your ID card as well as the document or paperwork for your account to be closed.
- The customer service will give you an account closure form.
- Fill them up and hand it back to the customer service.
- The customer service will process the form and your account will be closed soon.
Besides three methods above, you can also make sure you can close the account via internet banking or mobile banking. However, it is just the first request, and you have to finish the process at the bank branch as well. Therefore, it is better to come to the bank branch in the first place. Use the information above to understand the best method to close your account and when you are wondering about how to close OCBC bank account so easily.