Why do people keep checking their account balance? Is it just for fun? Well, no, people are checking their account balance for various purposes. Be it to know how much they have spent (credit card/debit card), or to know how much saving that they still have. That may sound not too important, but routinely checking your balance will help to control your financial health as well. As you track down your current balance, it means you will be able to control your spending too.
Well, there are actually various ways of how to check HSBC account balance that you can do. From going to the bank and getting your current bank statement, seeing it simply through the ATM machine, or getting the number yourself via self-service personal internet banking should answer your inquiry of the account balance. All methods mentioned have pros and cons themselves.
Explained below are the steps to check your HSBC account balance using various methods as mentioned.
Table of Contents
How to Check HSBC Account Balance via ATM Machine
Easy to do, checking your balance via ATM machine will also be the most common method to check one’s balance. What you need to do will be mentioned as follows:
- First, go to any nearest HSBC ATM.
- Insert your card to the provided slot.
- Then choose you language and enter your PIN number.
- Choose menu Balance inquiry.
- Shortly after that, you will be shown your current account balance.
How to Check HSBC Account Balance via Online Banking
Another method of how to check HSBC account balance is by checking it via your personal internet/online banking. To do that, you need to make sure first that you have already registered your account to online banking service.
After that, you will have to do:
- Take your gadget to access the HSBC official portal online. Be it PC, smartphone, or tablet any device will do. You just need to make sure that you can access internet from the device.
- Go to https://www.hsbc.com.my
- Click Log on (placed on the upper right corner of the page), and then enter your login information such as your online banking username and password.
- Click on Log on afterwards.
- Then, you will see the bank account linked on your online banking account. Choose an account, and you’ll see its current account balance.
To sum it up, there are several methods of how to check HSBC account balance. The choices are by checking it via ATM, seeing it on your bank statement, and lastly, via personal internet banking.
You may also like: How to Register HSBC Online Banking
How to Check HSBC Account Balance via Branch
The last method of how to check HSBC account balance is by having your bank statement printed. Be it printing your bank statement by visiting any nearest branch, or simply seeing your e-Statement both of which will show you the current balance of your account.
Keep in mind that if you choose to print your bank statement in the bank, you will be charged a few Ringgits. The latter option, the e-Statement, ensures you that there aren’t any charged fees but you will have to enter a specific password before opening the file.