If you want to know how to check EPF number, then this might be your lucky day. Your Employees Provident Fund (EPF) number is one of the most important things that you need to know if you are an employee.
If you want to be able to make withdrawals from your EPF account, then you need to know your EPF number.
Unfortunately, a lot of employees do not know their EPF numbers. This can be a very inconvenient thing since your EPF number is a requirement if you want to be able to make withdrawals from your Employee’s Provident Fund account.
And this can be even more inconvenient once you are no longer an employee at the place that you used to work. That is why you need to know your EPF number from the moment you become an employee.
Fortunately for all of us, finding out your EPF number can be very easy. This is thanks to the help of the Kumpulan Uang Simpanan Pekerja (KWSP).
This number also will not change during the employment life of an employee. Because of KWSP, you can easily know your EPF number by following simple steps.
Table of Contents
How Do I Check My EPF Number?
Now that you know why checking your EPF number is important, let’s talk about how you can do it. Do not worry. You will not have to do anything complicated. Just use one of these methods to figure out your EPF number and you will do just fine.
- Visit the KWSP office: You will need to contact the EPF office at 03-89226000 and they will confirm your information. Or you can visit the KWSP centre or EPF kiosk and fill all of the personal details that they will require. After that, you will immediately receive the account number that you have been looking for. Make sure that you bring your identity and fill the application form. You will be given a temporary User ID and password as your activation code. Log on to www.kwsp.gov.my within 30 days and key in the activation code to activate your i-Akaun.
- Visit the KWSP portal: If you already know your EPF number, you can just visit the KWSP portal to get your EPF number easily. Once you have logged in to the KWSP portal, you will be able to access all information about the details of your EPF.
- Ask your employer: Another way on how to check EPF number is by asking your employer. You can do this by contacting the Human Resources Department in your workplace. After that, all you need to do is to ask for information about your EPF number.
- Check your salary slip: The last way for you to check your EPF number is by looking at your salary slip. Most employers will provide information about the EPF account number on the salary slips.
How to Check EPF Balance Online
- Login KWSP Portal with the User ID and Password you have.
- Click on My Account (Akaun Peribadi)
- In the Statements section, select the most recent year (usually selected) and click Search.
- Now, you can see your EPF balance KWSP.
You may also like: How to Register i-Akaun KWSP Online
Checking EPF Balance using Smartphone
- Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple Store
- Search i-Akaun KWSP
- Download and install the app to your phone
- Open the i-Akaun app by tapping the app icon
- Login with your account information
- See info about your balance details
Is there an Age Limit for EPF?
You will not find any age restriction to be a member of PF. However, if you are older than 58 years, you will not be able to become a pension scheme member.
How Long is the EPF Membership?
The EPF membership is still valid even if the employee has left their workplace. However, the account will stop earning interest after three years of no contribution. And that is the simple steps that you can take on how to check EPF number.