Bank statement is a document issued by a bank or other financial institution for each month. By looking at bank statement, you can get information about the income and spending activities that’s related to your specific bank account. The purpose of bank statement is to show the detailed things happened to the account and your spending habits.
You may be able to learn more about your financial habits and try to create better ones by understanding the bank statement. So, this article in particular will be showing you how to check Affin bank statement, which will be useful if you are a customer of Affin Bank.
Like majority of banks nowadays, Affin Bank also offers the account holder to view their bank statement electronically. The electronic version or paperless version of bank statement is commonly referred as e-statement. The e-statement service allows the customers to access their bank statement via online, with ability to download and/or print the document.
How to Check Affin Bank Statement via Affin Online
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to check Affin bank statement, along with downloading and printing it:
- Visit affinonline.com
- Input your login credentials in the provided fields.
- Open the menu of Services, then choose e-Statement.
- Select the Statement Date.
- If you want to download the statement, then click Download e-statement and Download button.
- Wait until your statement is done being downloaded before you proceed to print the document.
You may also like: How to Register Affin Bank Online
This bank statement viewing guide can be used for Affin Bank saving accounts, current accounts, credit card accounts, and loan accounts.
It is necessary to know that bank statement is different from transaction history. Transaction history contains records of your bank account’s transaction for a specific period of time that you have set. Meanwhile, bank statement covers only a month period.
Another thing worth to note, is that one month period of bank statement doesn’t mirror the month on the calendar, but as the account holder’s request. For example, you may request a bank statement with a moth period of 5th day of the month to the 5th day of the following month.
By seeing your bank statement, you can get information such as:
- Personal information details, including your name, your bank account number, and your address
- The banking activities for a month period of time
- The bank’s information, including the contact number of customer service
- The balance for the start or the statement period and the end of it
- The deposit of your bank account, including the transfers, direct deposits, payments, reimbursement, and earned interest
- The withdrawal of your bank account, including transfers, purchases, bank fees, and ATM withdrawals
In some cases, such as when getting a divorce or doing loan application, it might be necessary to provide your bank statements from several years in prior. The banks are required to keep a record of their customers’ bank statements for five years at least, so it must be possible for you to access them even if you have closed your account.
You may also like: Affin Bank Fixed Deposit Malaysia
Downloading the bank statement and keep them in paper copied can be done if you need to save the documents from the past. Generally, it is recommended to delete the electronic copies or shred the physical paper copies of bank statements if you’re no longer need them.