Hong Leong Bank is one of the larger banking groups in Malaysia that was first incorporated in 1905 under the name of Kwong Lee Mortgage and Remittance Company. Bearing the title of the oldest financial institution in the country, the bank keeps providing the most innovative banking and financial services to its customers.
One of the most widely used services offered by Hong Leong Bank is Connect Online Banking. It’s an internet banking service to make every type of banking service become much more convenient to the customers.
How to Change Hong Leong OTP Phone Number
With the Hong Leong Connect, you can transfer money, check balance, and perform transactions through a computer or mobile device whenever you have an internet connection. If you are interested in using this convenient banking service, you need to register for this facility.
A registered mobile phone number is one of the requirements you will need to prepare to apply for Hong Leong Connect. It’s used to receive OTP (One Time Password) or TAC (Transaction Authorization Codes) whenever you perform online banking transactions.
However, people tend to change their phone numbers and many of them tend to forget to update the phone number they use for the mobile banking registration. It’s important to update your mobile phone number to secure your online banking account.
If you don’t how to do it, here are the step-by-step instructions on how to change Hong Leong OTP phone number through online:
- Before doing this, make sure your internet browser and internet connection are reliable enough to get the job done.
- Go to the official platform of Hong Leong Connect at www.hongleongconnect.my
- Log into your online banking account with your username and password.
- Make sure both are correct to prevent any unsuccessful login process.
- Click on the Settings menu.
- Select the Update Contact Info option.
- Select the Product Type or the account you would like to change the mobile phone number.
- Enter your new mobile phone number and input the six-digit TAC you receive on your new registered phone number.
- Click on Next to confirm the details and click on Submit to complete the update.
- Now, your TAC phone number has been updated.
You may also like: How to Login Hong Leong Connect
How to Change Hong Leong OTP Phone Number via Mobile Banking
If you already have the Hong Leong Connect application installed on your mobile device, here is a quick tutorial on how to change Hong Leong TAC phone number you can follow:
- Launch the Hong Leong Connect Online Banking app.
- Log into your account using your valid username and password.
- Tap on Menu.
- Tap on Card Services and select the Update Contact Info option.
- Enter your new mobile phone number and tap on Next.
- Make sure the phone number you enter is correct and tap on Save Changes.
- In a few seconds, you will receive the TAC sent to your new registered phone number.
- Key in the TAC to complete the update.
You may also like: How to Reset Password Hong Leong Bank Connect
Apart from the two methods above, you may also update your mobile phone number for TAC at the Hong Leong branches or transaction offices. Should you require any further assistance, you can contact the Hong Leong hotline at +603 7626 8899.