When you move to a new place or get a new mobile phone number, you will be inundated with a seemingly infinite list of companies that you will need to notify, including your bank.
It’s vitally important to immediately update your information registered with your banking institution whenever you change your home address, phone number, etc.
Many people may think that updating a mobile phone number is not necessary as long as their debit card and internet banking access still work. But that is not true at all.
If the bank does not have any dependable way to contact you, you may be losing out on some personal benefits, including security when you perform banking transactions.
Having an updated mobile number is important as you will need to input a One Time Password (OTP) or Transaction Activation Code (TAC) whenever you log into your online banking account or when you need to authorize a payment you make.
If you have an Ambank account and would like to update your deactivated mobile number but don’t know how to do it, below are some of the methods you can do on how to change Ambank TAC phone number.
How to Change Ambank TAC Phone Number using ATM
Here are the step-by-step tutorials on how to update your mobile phone number through the Ambank ATM machine:
- Go to the nearest Ambank ATM station.
- Insert your Ambank ATM or debit or credit card. Key in your PIN for verification.
- From the menu, select the PIN Change/AmOnline Services.
- Select the Register/Change TAC mobile.
- Enter your new mobile phone number, e.g 012xxxxxxx.
- Make sure the phone number you enter is correct. Then, select the Press if correct option.
- To notify that the update is successful, you will see a confirmation transaction on the screen. Take the receipt and your card.
Apart from the method above, you can deregister your previous phone number first before inputting the new one.
You may also like: Change Ambank TAC Phone Number
How to Change Ambank TAC Phone Number using Deregistration using ATM
Here is how to change Ambank TAC phone number through the deregistration process:
- Find the nearest Ambank ATM station in your area.
- Insert your ATM or debit or credit card at the ATM machine. Key in your valid PIN for verification.
- On the menu, select the PIN Change or AmOnline Services.
- Select the De-register TAC mobile.
- Key in your previous phone number that you would like to deregister, e.g. 012xxxxxxx.
- Make sure you have entered the correct number. Then press Yes.
- If your request is approved, you will find a confirmation transaction on the screen. Take your transaction slip if there is any and take your card.
- Since you want to update your phone number, insert your card again and follow the method on how to change your TAC phone number above.
How to Change Ambank TAC Phone Number by Ambank Hotline Service
Here is how to change Ambank TAC phone number through the Ambank Hotline Service:
- You simply need to contact the Ambank hotline service at +603 2178 8888.
- And tell to contact service about your request.
You may also like: How to Check Ambank Bank Statement
How to Change Ambank TAC Phone Number by Branch
Here are the step-by-step tutorials on how to update your mobile phone number through by visiting Ambank Branches:
- You simply need go to nearest Ambank Branch in your city.
- And tell to desk service about your request.
- Then and he will tell you how to change Ambank TAC Phone Number.
If the process of the TAC phone number update is unsuccessful, you don’t need to fret. You can also visit the nearest Ambank branch to obtain the solution for your issue.