Suppose you have been a customer of Alliance Bank for quite some time and you have registered for Alliance’s internet banking service. In that case, you must have known how important it is to immediately update your mobile phone number should your previous phone number is deactivated.
Many of you who haven’t registered for an online banking facility must be wondering why updating the mobile number recorded in your bank account is a must. Here’s why: Apart from being one of the requirements to apply for online banking, your mobile number is also used to receive a Transaction Authorization Code (TAC).
TAC or which commonly known as One Time Password (OTP), will be sent by the bank whenever you perform transactions through your internet banking account to authorize the transactions. TAC is also required when you apply for an eSaving account or updating your profile.
This six-digit code is used by the majority of Malaysian banks as a form of protection against any unauthorized use. Thus, it’s vitally important to update your mobile number for TAC if your last number is no longer in use.
So, how to change Alliance Bank TAC phone number? There are three ways you can do to update your mobile number: Through an ATM machine, via call, or by directly visiting any Alliance branch.
How to Change Alliance Bank TAC Phone Number via ATM Machine
Here is how to update your phone number through the Alliance ATM machine:
- Go to the nearest Alliance ATM machine.
- Insert your ATM card and select your preferred language.
- Insert your PIN and select Press If Correct if you enter the correct PIN.
- On the Please Select Transaction Required screen, select the Other Services option.
- Once you are redirected to a new screen, click on the More Services option.
- Then, click on the Internet Banking Handphone Update.
- Enter your new mobile phone number and make sure to recheck the number you have entered.
- Select Press If Correct if you have entered the right phone number.
- The notification of Transaction Accepted will appear on the screen after a successful update.
- You can now log into your Alliance online banking account to conduct any transactions requiring the TAC.
You may also like: How to Unblock TAC Alliance Bank
The tutorial on how to change Alliance Bank TAC phone number above is only legible for those who have an Alliance Bank card. If you don’t have one (customers with Allianceonline account) and would like to update your phone number, please visit the Alliance unit office.
If you have registered through Prepaid Card or Credit Card, you can call the contact center of the bank at 03-5516 9988 to update your mobile number for the card. If you are currently overseas, you can still update your TAC with your new mobile number.
Should you happen to lose your mobile phone for TAC, please contact the contact center of Alliance Bank immediately to lock your security identification. You can update your previous TAC to a new mobile number on your new mobile device through the method above. If your phone is recovered, you can unlock your previous mobile phone number for the TAC.