You may have recently gotten an OCBC Bank debit card, but cannot use it unless you activate it. Almost all banking companies require their customers to activate their cards. Even if you choose not to enable your debit card, you must still pay all the associated costs, and you will be likely to be a subject of fraud.
Although there is no set time limit for OCBC debit card activation, it is recommended to activate your card as soon as you receive it. The process of this card activation is relatively simple. OCBC offers three different channels to accommodate the process: internet banking, mobile banking, and via SMS.
If you have no idea to activate OCBC debit card, below are the simple tutorials you can follow on how to activate OCBC Debit Card via online banking.
How to Activate OCBC Debit Card via Online Banking
You don’t need to directly visit the OCBC unit office to just activate your card. You can simply do it through your cell phone or desktop browser.
- Go to the internet banking platform of OCBC at internet.ocbc.com/internet-banking and login using your PIN and access code.
- Then, click on Login.
- Select the Activate Debit Card under the Card Services menu.
- Key in the expired date of your debit card.
- This date is located on the back of your card.
- Select the Next option.
- Now, your OCBC debit card is successfully activated.
- Proceed to create your debit card PIN by clicking on the PIN selection option in the Card PIN Selection drop-down menu.
- Choose your card type and select the Next option.
- Input your new PIN and confirm the new PIN.
- Select on Next.
- Select the number of your debit card and click on Next.
- Key in OTP which is sent to your phone number.
- Now, your debit card is ready for use.
You may also like: How to Login OCBC Online Banking
How to Activate OCBC Debit Card via Mobile Banking
In addition, you will need to also activate your debit card when you get a replacement for your lost or expired debit card. The activation procedure is also considerably easier if you have registered for an OCBC mobile banking service. Here is the step-by-step procedure to follow:
- Launch the OCBC mobile app and log into your account with your PIN and access code.
- Tap the menu and tap on Card Services.
- Choose Activate credit/debit card and key in the 6-digit OTP sent to your mobile number.
- Select the card to be activated and enter the card’s expired date.
- Select Next.
- Tap on Agree and select Submit to activate your OCBC debit card.
How to Activate OCBC Debit Card via Phone Banking
Alternatively, you can activate your OCBC debit card through phone banking. Here are the simple steps you can follow:
Set a PIN for your FRANK Debit Card to auto-activate it before you start spending. Go through a seamless self-service phone banking process that is available to you 24/7 by choosing PIN Selection on the menu. Or call OCBC Contact Centre at 603-83175000 and choose PIN Selection to follow the easy self-service steps to set a PIN.