It is possible to make a payment online when shopping online by using Maybank unfortunately that cannot be done upon receiving a newly released card of Maybank. That applies to new, renewal, and replacement cards. The card is blocked by Maybank upon its release for the sake of safety purposes.
The card has been activated but then de-activated because it is to be sent via mail. So, it is important to know how to activate Maybank Debit Card for online payment before making any online purchase.
The first-time activation of the card is needed so that it is usable for the online transaction. There are several different ways that the activation can be done.
Activate Maybank Debit Card for Online Payment via Maybank2u App
One of the ways of how to activate Maybank Debit Card for online payment is by using the Maybank2u Mobile App.
- Download the app first and then use the credentials of the card to log in to the app.
- Find and select the Card menu in the app to activate the card so that it can be used for online purchases and payments.
- Following the successful activation of the card, it requires another registration to a specific program of Maybank for a much more secure online transaction purpose.
Activate Maybank Debit Card for Online Payment via Maybank2u
The program is called Maybankcard Secure Online Shopping otherwise known as MSOS. The registration for that program can be done through the site of Maybank2u.com.
- Login to https://www.maybank2u.com.my
- Select Maybankard Secure Online Shopping Registration
- Select Utilities
- Complete the enrolment process by entering the following information: Card Number, MSOS Password, Confirm MSOS Password, PAM (Personal Assurance Message), Expiry Date, CVV Number, Hint Question, Hint Answer and View screenshot
- Successful registration notification message will appear once registration is successful and complete
In terms of how to activate Maybank Debit Card for online payment, the MSOS provides an additional authentication method for safer transactions.
The MSOS works by sending a specific code that should be inputted at the authentication page of the online transactions.
This service relies on the accurate information of the phone number registered to the Maybank. Thus, it is important to make sure that the registered phone number is the active one before dealing with how to activate Maybank Debit Card for online payment.
The so-called MSOS code will be sent in the form of text to authenticate the use of the card in any online purchase.
How to Register to Maybank2u.com
Registering to the service of Maybank2u.com is the initial step to making online purchases using Maybank card.
The only way to register is to go to Maybank2u.com and click on the Register Now menu. For more information, you can read article how to register Maybank2U online.
How to Tell if the Registration of MSOS is a successful one
Upon finalizing the registration of MSOS there will be a screen that displays the result of the registration. When it is successful, the screen will tell that it is a successful registration and vice versa.
What to Do upon Forgetting the Password for the MSOS Service
It is an unfortunate event that the password of the MSOS is forgotten. The only thing to do is to re-register the system in which it will override the previous password setting for the MSOS so that it can be accessed.