Why buy at an offline store when online shopping is so much easier and more convenient? If you have a CIMB account, you must know how to activate CIMB debit card for online transaction. It will make not only online shopping easier. You will also be able to pay your bills in just a few steps on your smartphone.
The easiest way to do it is through CIMB Clicks. CIMB Clicks Malaysia is the online banking portal of CIMB Bank. This convenient integrated platform allows you to link your CIMB debit, credit, and prepaid cards under one account.
You will be able to make both in-store and online purchases, pay your bills, find CIMB card deals, get promotions, and many more great deals.
Table of Contents
Activate CIMB Clicks Online Banking
Here is how to activate CIMB debit card for online transaction via CIMB Clicks.
- Firstly, login to CIMB Clicks app or web page.
- Then, register for an account.
- You can go to https://www.cimbclicks.com.my/clicks/#/registration if you are using your browser, or you can select Register User on the app.
- The next step you have to do is to choose Debit Card as the access type.
- Key in your CIMB Debit Card Number and your 6-digit PIN.
- You will receive a 6-digit activation code by SMS to your registered phone number.
- Enter the activation code and select Continue.
- After this, you will have a CIMB Clicks account.
- Next, you need to create your User ID and set up a password and SecureWord for additional security matters.
Now you can use your debit card for online transactions via CIMB Clicks.
What should I do if I did not receive my One Time Password (OTP)?
One Time Password (OTP) will be sent via SMS to the mobile number registered to your card. If the right mobile number is registered to your card, click Resend OTP to try again. Otherwise, call our Consumer Contact Centre +603 6204 7788 to update your registered mobile number.
Register CIMB Pay
CIMB Pay is a secure and seamless mobile application which allows you to store your CIMB credit, debit and prepaid cards to make in-store purchases and online purchases.
You may also browse CIMB card deals, view merchant offers and receive promotions on CIMB Pay.
CIMB Pay is a free service. Note that your existing card fees and charges will apply as usual.
- Download the CIMB Pay app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Launch the CIMB Pay mobile app.
- Follow the on screen steps to register for CIMB Pay.
- You will need your CIMB card details and a One Time Password (OTP) which will be sent to you via SMS.
Linking CIMB Debit Card to CIMB Clicks
You can link different CIMB debit and credit cards under your CIMB Clicks account. It will make your transactions easier and smoother. Moreover, you will be able to check your cash flow more easily.
- To start, login to your CIMB Clicks account on the app or the web page.
- At the main menu, look under Services.
- Select Link Account and then choose Debit Card to link your debit card.
- Key in your debit card number and select the user ID of the account you want to link the card to
- Next, select Submit and request for TAC.
- After receiving the TAC, input the code and select Confirm.
- Your debit card will be linked under your account within up to 5 working days.
- After that, you can use your card for online transactions.
Checking CIMB Debit Card Balance
CIMB Clicks does not only allow you to do transactions, but also check your remaining balance.
- To do this, choose View My Account on the CIMB Clicks loading page.
- Fill in your login details.
- You will be redirected to your My Accounts Overview Page.
- Here, you can see the balance of all accounts linked to your CIMB Clicks user ID, including your debit cards.
Now you know how to activate CIMB debit card for online transaction and check your remaining balance online. Hopefully this information would be useful for you.