Do you know how to activate BSN online purchase? Nowadays, doing online transactions is the way to go. No more hassle or wasting time queueing.
As a BSN Debit Card user, you can do it too. But first, you need to activate your BSN Debit Card for online transactions. It is very easy to do it and it takes only a few steps.
Activation with myBSN Internet Banking
The first way to activate Online Transaction is through myBSN Internet Banking.
- Go to BSN website at https://www.mybsn.com.my and log in to myBSN by clicking the Login button on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- After you are logged in, select Manage Account and choose Debit Card
- Under Update Online Purchase Status, click Debit Card and then select Next.
- Now, to activate your card, choose Permanently Activated or Temporarily Activated.
- Enter the date of activation under Start/End date and then click Next.
- Finally, choose Request TAC.
- You will receive the TAC via SMS to the phone number you registered with BSN.
- Input TAC and select Next.
Once your debit card activation status has been updated, you will receive a message. Now you can use your BSN Debit Card for making online purchases.
Activation via ATM
How to activate BSN online purchase if you do not have a myBSN User ID yet? It is possible because you can also do it via any BSN ATM.
- Go to the nearest ATM to you and insert your BSN Visa Debit Card.
- Go to PIN CHANGE / OTHERS.
- Select MAINTENANCE
- Select ONLINE PURCHASE
- Select TEMPORARY ACTIVATION or PERMANENT ACTIVATION
- Now you can use your BSN Debit Card to make online purchases.
How to create myBSN User ID
Having a myBSN User ID is very convenient for you. It will enable you to access all BSN-related services easily, not just online purchases.
To register for an account, read this article how to register BSN online banking
Is there a limit on the purchases I can make daily
The limit is the same as your BSN Visa Debit Card limits. For a junior account, the daily default purchase limit is set at RM1,000 daily while it is RM3,000 for an adult account. The maximum daily purchase limit you can set is RM10,000.
What are the benefits of activating my debit card
There are many benefits that you can get. You can purchase things online which is more convenient especially during an emergency like the recent Covid-19 outbreak.
Not only that, but you can also set automatic bill payments so you do not miss any payment. Since you already know how to activate BSN online purchase, why not do it?