Unlike most banks in Malaysia that provide debit card that acts as ATM Card as well, things are slightly different at Ambank. The bank’s debit card is called AmBank Debit Mastercard, and it serves as ATM and payment card which can be used for making payments and proceeding with your purchases both in Malaysia and in abroad countries.
AmBank Debit Mastercard differs a bit from AmBank ATM Card. Similar to other ATM Cards issued by other banks, the one issued by AmBank also allows the cardholder to access and perform various basic activities in ATM machines.
Meanwhile, AmBank Debit Mastercard has every feature of ATM Card, but in addition, it is also accepted at local and overseas ATMs. It can be used anywhere in any location where MyDebit or Mastercard is accepted.
Table of Contents
5 Ways to Activate Ambank Debit Card
However, before you can perform any transactions using your AmBank credit card, you need to activate it first.
There are 5 methods you may choose:
- By using AmBank online banking service.
- By calling the contact center of AmBank at 03-2178 8888.
- By SMS.
- By using ATM machine or
- By visiting the nearest branch office of AmBank.
How to Activate Ambank Debit Card via Internet Banking
Here is the guide on how to activate AmBank debit card via digital banking service, which contains several simple steps you need to do:
- Visit the official website of AmBank online banking service at ambank.amonline.com.my
- Select the menu Activate Card.
- Input the 16-digit of your AmBank debit card number.
- Make request for TAC.
- Input the TAC that’s sent to the phone number you’ve registered to the bank.
- Now your card has been successfully activated.
You may also like: How to Register AmBank Online
How to Activate Ambank Debit Card via Mobile Banking
Here is the guide on how to activate AmBank debit card via mobile banking:
- Open your AmOnline mobile app.
- Choose your Ambank card.
- Check to YES at Allow Online Purchases.
- Input your TAC number for verification.
- Your card is activated.
Activate Ambank Debit Card Using ATM
- Visit any AmBank / AmBank Islamic ATM near you
- Insert your Credit Card and Select Language
- Enter Temporary PIN
- On the Menu, select PIN Change / AmOnline Service
- Select PIN Change option and Set you Own PIN No
You may also like: How to Check AmBank Account Balance
Activate Ambank Debit Card Using SMS
Type ACV<space>Last 5-digit Credit Card No and send to 66300 Example: ACV 54321.
To ensure your card security, it is advised to sign into your AmOnline banking account after your debit card has been activated and immediately change your PIN code. If you aren’t a registered user at AmOnline portal set yet, then you need to sign yourself up and set up your login credentials.
Your AmBank debit only needs to be activated first, even if you are planning to use it for transactions at overseas. The debit card is also able to be used immediately after the activation process is done.
The AmBank Debit Mastercard is supported by two networks of debit card. The two networks are MyDebit, that allows your card to be accepted domestically, and Mastercard, that allows your card to be accepted both domestically and overseas for various purchases and payments. It means there are more outlets where you can use the card in.
It is worth to note, however, when you are using the AmBank Debit Mastercard at Malaysian retailer, that the retailer has right to pick between MyDebit or Mastercard to be accepted and to process your transaction.
If you have any inquiry or want to request assistance related to your AmBank debit card, you may contact the AmBank Contact Center. The customer contact center may be reached via phone call by dialing 03-21788888, as service provider that’s active for 24-hour long.