When you apply for a current or savings account with Alliance Bank, you will obtain a debit card that you can use to perform any kind of transaction. Debit cards are also considered to be the first experience of many people with the banking system.
Debit cards are one of the most prevalent and most accessible means to pay for everything you need, with over one billion debit cards in use worldwide. However, you must first activate your card before using it. If you don’t activate your Alliance Bank debit card the moment you obtain it, then you will not be able to use it.
Although you didn’t activate your card, you will still be responsible for any related expenses. In addition, you could be more susceptible to fraud. It’s also advised to activate your card as soon as possible, even though there is no definite time limit for activating your card.
Activating your Alliance debit card is an easy task. There are three different methods you can choose for this card activation process: over the counter, via call center, and through Alliance Bank’s online portal. Activating your card online is the most convenient method.
Activating Alliance Debit Card via Online
Here are the simple steps on how to activate Alliance Bank debit card online:
- First and foremost, make sure you are in a place with decent internet access.
- Launch your most reliable browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Go to the following address https://activatecard-pin.alliancebank.com.my/2fa/chipandpin
- Click on the Activate Card blue button.
- Input the number of your identification card or your alternate ID.
- Key in the last 6 digits of your debit card number.
- Enter the activation code that has been sent to your registered mobile number after debit card issuance. If you did not receive the activation code, please call the hotline center at 03-5516 9988.
- Click on Activate Card and wait until you receive a notification that your debit card is successfully activated.
You may also like: How to Register Alliance Bank Online Banking
Activating Alliance Debit Card By Phone
You can also call the customer center of Alliance Bank to activate your card. Here is the guideline on how to activate Alliance Bank debit card you can follow:
- Call the hotline service of Alliance at 03-5516 9988.
- Once you are connected to the customer service, the operator will ask you to provide the necessary details.
- This is to verify your identity as a customer of Alliance Bank.
- Then, ask the representative to activate your debit card.
- Provide them with the required information, such as your card number, CVV code, expiration date, and any other details they need, including the PIN you would like to use for your card.
- Follow the remaining procedure to get your card activated by the bank.
You may also like: How to Check Alliance Bank Account Number
In addition to the two methods above, you can also activate your debit card through the bank. You only need to visit the nearest Alliance branch, take a queue ticket, and wait for your turn. Ask the bank attendant that you want to activate your card and follow the activation procedure.