Affin Bank is a Malaysian public financial company that has been around for more than three decades. As a public bank, Affin Bank is surely providing an extensive range of banking products and financial services to assist Malaysian citizens in managing their finances.
One of the most widely used banking products that Affin Bank has to offer is a debit card, which also becomes many people’s first introduction to financial services. To this date, there are more than one billion ATM or debit cards in use worldwide.
What is a Debit Card?
Debit cards are one of the most prevalent and easiest ways to make payment for anything you need. However, you must activate the card prior to using it. This means you will need to activate your Affin Bank debit card as well once you receive the card.
You will not be able to use your debit card unless you activate it. You will, however, be responsible for any fees involved and may be more vulnerable to fraud. While there is no deadline for activating your card, you should try to activate your card as soon as possible.
If you plan to apply for a debit card facility in Affin Bank, then it’s important for you to know the methods on how to activate Affin Bank debit card. If you apply for the debit card over the counter, the customer center will usually activate your debit card without you having to activate it on your own.
If you apply for the debit card through the Affin Bank internet banking platform, you need to activate it immediately the moment you receive the card.
How to Start Use Affin Bank Debit Card
Below is a simple tutorial you can follow so that you can start using your debit card.
- Once you acquire your debit card, you should immediately call the bank to activate it so that you can carry out any kinds of transactions with your debit card.
- You can also activate your debit card through an ATM.
- You simply need to insert the card, key in the temporary PIN and follow the remaining instructions on the screen to activate your card.
You may also like: How to Login Affin Bank Online Banking
How to Activate Affin Bank Debit Card via Internet Banking
If the customer center of the Affin Bank provides you an activation service through the internet, then this the tutorial of how to activate Affin Bank debit card you can follow:
- Log in to the link given by the customer center.
- Make sure you use the most reliable browser installed on your computer or mobile device.
- Also, be sure you are in a place with a good internet connection to ensure a smooth activation process.
- Select the right option to activate the debit card.
- If the procedure comes with a security code, do enter the code into the provided field.
- Follow the rest of the procedures to get your debit card activated.
You may also like: How to Check Affin Bank Account Balance
If you are unable to activate the card, consider calling the hotline service of Affin Bank or take your card to any branch of the bank. You can ask the attendant to activate the debit card for you.