When it comes to payment methods, e-Wallet can be a payment method which is quite popular these days. Alipay is one of those e-Wallets available to use especially when you are in the Mainland China.
Initially only Chinese that can use this e-Wallet service and no one will be able to use this without having a bank account in a Chinese bank.
However, as time goes on, now Malaysians can use Alipay when having a tour to the Mainland China or having some business there, even when they are not a Chinese bank account holder. Well, you must be wondering how to top up Alipay in Malaysia?
Topping Up Alipay: No Need China Bank Account!
Back then, Malaysians cannot top up their Alipay account when they don’t have any Chinese bank account. But now everything is different, thanks to the frequent visit of Malaysians to China or otherwise, the visit of Chinese people to Malaysia.
Alipay, one among the greatest two e-Wallet services in the Mainland China, is now enabling its Malaysian users to use Alipay easily.
You may start to wonder, how to use Alipay as your cashless method to pay when you cannot top it up? Calm down, there is this procedure you can apply even when you don’t have a Chinese bank account.
How to Top Up Alipay in Malaysia
To top up your Alipay wallet, the first thing you should know that there are only three Malaysian banks which are affiliated with Alipay.
These banks are Public Bank, Maybank, and CIMB. If you are not using any of these banks, that will be hard for you to top up your Alipay e-Wallet.
If you are a Malaysian yourself that uses Alipay in Malaysia, then you can easily top up your Alipay using any of the aforementioned cards.
However, if you are going to China and find it’s hard to top up your Alipay e-wallet, using Tour Pass feature is what it should take.
The procedure of how to top up Alipay in Malaysia will be explained as follows:
- First of all, launch your Alipay app and directly log in using your user ID and password. If you have no account still, simply sign up to make a new account. You will be required to enter your phone number then and an SMS OTP will be sent to you to proceed with the sign-up process.
- Once you’ve finished making the account, you need to do any of these:
- If you are currently in Malaysia, set your Alipay region to International. You can find this menu in Settings. Your Alipay will give you a kind of promotion for Tour Pass.
- In case of you are currently in China Mainland, simply do the same as point 2(a).
- If you are going through point 2(a)/(b), simply tap the Tour Pass There you will get redirected to top up page. Pick/enter any desired amount and when it prompts you to fill in the details, make sure you provide the valid information. It generally asks you your passport photo and card information.
- Then, read the terms and conditions thoroughly.
- Confirm your purchase afterwards.
Top Up Alipay in Malaysia Online
- Launch Alipay app.
- Search TourPass or Select TourPass.
- Select A Top-Up Amount (Input the info on your foreign debit or credit card. They currently accept VISA, MasterCard, JCB or Diner’s Club cards).
- Check Agree, click Next.
- Connect A Foreign Card To Top-Up.
So that is the procedure of how to top up Alipay in Malaysia. You may find this a bit confusing, but if you read the procedure thoroughly and taking baby steps, we’re sure you will be able to top up your Alipay e-Wallet.