When it comes to a foreign bank in Malaysia, HSBC is the largest foreign banking institution that has been incorporated in the country for more than 30 years. The bank is a subsidiary of the HSBC Holdings Company, which is based in London.
As the largest foreign financial institution in Malaysia by asset, HSBC has a wide range of banking products and services offered through its branches across the country. However, one of the most popular services the bank provides to its customers is HSBC internet banking.
The appearance of internet banking has made everything becomes much more manageable. With HSBC online banking, you no longer have to spend time making a fund transfer over the counter. With just a few clicks, you are now able to manage your finances in a matter of time.
If you have an HSBC account and would like to register for the online banking facility but don’t know the procedure, the following tutorials will help you get through all the application procedures.
How to Apply HSBC Online Banking
Apply for HSBC internet banking can be done in just a few simple steps. Before you begin, you need first to prepare your HSBC debit/ATM card number, phone banking number, or the number of your HSBC credit card.
- First, open your desktop browser, but you can also use the browser on your smart mobile device.
- Then, go to the official website of HSBC at www.hsbc.com.my
- Select the Register button on the top corner of the window.
- Select the Register for online banking option.
- Choose the verification method. You can select a debit card number, phone banking, or credit card number with your PIN. Then, click on Continue.
- Once you have chosen the method you prefer, enter the correct details and enter the OTP you received. Click on Continue.
- Create your log-on details by entering your unique username and password. Confirm your password and select Continue.
- Create a security question and its answer that you can quickly memorize. It’s because you will need to provide the answer when you want to log into your online banking account.
- Confirm the security answer and click on Continue.
- Tick on the checkbox if you agree with the current terms and conditions. Lastly, click on Continue.
You may also like: How to Login HSBC Online Banking
How to Register HSBC Online Banking via Mobile Banking App
You can also apply for HSBC online banking through its mobile application. Here’s the instruction to follow:
- Download and install HSBC mobile banking application on your smart mobile device.
- Open the application and tap on Not registered for online banking.
- Choose the verification method with your debit card, credit card, or phone banking credentials. Fill in the details and tap on Continue.
- Create your log-on ID and password. Then, confirm the password.
- Create a security question and its answer. Make sure to make one that you can easily memorize.
- Create your six-digit PIN and enter the OTP. Next, tap on Continue and now, you have registered to HSBC online banking.