When you plan to apply for a loan or credit card, the credit providers will usually ask you to provide your bank statement for a certain period of time. A bank statement refers to a document that contains the basic information of your bank account, as well as a full record of withdrawals and deposits.
With this bank statement, you will be able to view all your banking transactions so that you can always keep track of your finances, identify your spending patterns, and identify issues. To get a paper bank statement sent to your home on a monthly basis, you will need to contact your bank and register for this facility.
If you have a bank account in HSBC Malaysia, you get the liberty to choose how you would like to receive your bank statement. You can either use your HSBC online banking account, register for the monthly statement that will be sent by mail or email address, or you can even ask for one directly in the branch.
How to Get HSBC Bank Statement via Internet Banking
Before you begin, the following tutorial is only applicable if you have registered for the HSBC internet banking facility. If you haven’t, it’s recommended to register for this service first.
- Launch your browser on your desktop or smartphone or tablet. Go to the HSBC internet banking portal at www.hsbc.com.my and click on the Log On button on the top corner of the page.
- Once you are directed to a log-on page, enter your username and click on Continue. Then, key in your password or PIN and select Log On.
- Select the HSBC account you would like to view the bank statements for. It’s located on the left side of the page.
- On the top right of the page, right above the details of your transactions, click on Manage.
- Under the drop-down menu of Documents, click on Statements.
- Decide the period of statements you would like to view.
- If you want to save your bank statement, click on Download PDF. If you want to print it out, open the file and select the Print icon.
You may also like: How to Print HSBC Bank Statement
How to Get HSBC Bank Statement via Email
You can also receive a monthly bank statement through your email address. However, you first need to enroll in this service.
- Log into HSBC online banking with your username and password.
- On the left side of the page, click on Statements and Advice. Then, click on E-Advice Settings and Banking E-Statement.
- Select the I would prefer to get e-statements only option from the drop-down menu and click on Request.
- You will get your bank statements delivered to your email address.
You may also like: How to Login HSBC Online Banking
Alternatively, you may also enroll for this bank statement delivery service by registering your valid email address at the nearest HSBC branch, or you can contact the bank’s customer center at 1300 88 1388 and at +603 8321 5400 if you are currently abroad. Once your application is approved, you will automatically receive your bank statements every month through the email that you registered.